- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 30 pieces
- 1 (12 ounce) packages Dark chocolate chips
- 1 stickbutter softened
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla
- 2 capfuls of pure extract of your choice suggested: Peppermint, Almond, Rum, Raspberry
- Melt the chocolate over hot water, then cool.
- Cream butter. Till fluffy and scrap often
- Add powdered sugar ( little at a time)
- Add eggs; one at time blend well in between
- Add cooled chocolate and extracts
- Make sure all are blended well and scarp often
- With a pastry bag and a star tip I pipe these into Minnie muffin cups
- Place in fridge for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Store in cool, dry place.
About This Recipe
"Those wonderful, delectable, melt-in-your-mouth chocolates...those of you in the Northwest, especially, will recognize these candies. These candies were originally made and sold at the Frederick & Nelson store in downtown Seattle. When they closed their store the Bon Marche (Now known as Macy’s) bought the rights to these and sell them in all kinds of flavors) the original flavor is Peppermint then came Almond, Rum, and Raspberry. The recipe comes from my Auntie Katie to whom I know must have lived at Frederick N Nelson’s. So if you have ever had the original when you bite into these the memory will come back! They taste exactly the same! Delish!! The number of mints you get, depends on how big you make them. I usually make them the size of a quarter or thereabouts. So piping them with a [pastry bag into the mini cups I can get a little over fifty plus per batch. Which is great because they will go fast! They are very rich so pace yourself!! Mainja!